We are a certified B Corp (and NZ’s highest scoring one, too)
“B Corp is to business what Fair Trade certification is to coffee or USDA organic certification is to milk.”
What is a B Corp company?
B Corps are for-profit companies that meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
We’re stoked to stand alongside other B Corp companies you might have heard of, like The Honest Company, Ben and Jerry’s, Patagonia, Etsy, Seventh Generation and Warby Parker.
In June 2018, Ethique was ranked in the top 10% of B Corps around the world with a huge score. Next year we intend to be even better!
Our actions speak for themselves:
- We are a living-wage certified employer, which means all our staff, from production to admin, are paid above a living wage (set by an independent agency every year).
- We have committed to donating to various charities and working alongside them to help protect our planet.
- We run a transparent workplace, where all members of our team are encouraged to speak out, ask questions and learn about all aspects of the company.
- Our team is given as much flexibility as possible, with generous sick leave, holiday pay and other bonuses that go beyond the legal requirement.
We want to certify with B Corp every two years, with higher scores every time.
The B Corp promise:
Ethique and every other B Corp company has signed its name to the following declaration of interdependence:
- We envision a global economy that uses business as a force for good.
- This economy is comprised of a new type of corporation – the B Corporation – which is purpose-driven and creates benefits for all stakeholders, not just the shareholders.
- As B Corporations and leaders in this new economy, we believe:
- That we must be the change we seek in the world.
- That all business should be conducted as if people and places mattered.
- That through their products, practices and profits, businesses should aspire to do no harm and benefit all.
- To do so requires that we act with the understanding that we are each dependent upon another, and thus responsible for each other and future generations.
Check out the B Corp website for more info : bcorporation.net